Spencer Clarke Group work closely with local authority SEN services nationwide providing them with experienced SEND professionals into a variety of roles.
We are working in partnership with Wiltshire Council who are looking to appoint a SEND Service Manager on an interim contract.
As a SEND Service Manager, you will provide overall leadership and management of the statutory SEND service and is the subject matter expert for this area. The role requires the provision of line management to team members including the Team Managers and Education Officers within the Statutory SEND team as well as an informed strategic oversight to enable the service to maintain and develop its ways of working successfully in this area.
Pay Scale – Starting from £400 per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
Working Arrangements – 35 hours per week – Working remotely with infrequent office visits.
Contract Length – 3-6 month+ rolling contract highly likely to be extended on an ongoing basis.
Key Duties include:
- To have oversight of SEND provision needs and capacity within the local area. This will be undertaken through the ongoing scrutiny of EHCP data and information relating to SEND place planning, working with relevant officers to support and inform wider place planning activity.
- To develop, lead and maintain initiatives to ensure the Council meets its educational and statutory responsibilities to children and young people with SEND and their families. This includes the development of policies and practices relevant to the service area and to lead on relevant quality assurance processes and frameworks in the service.
- To write, review and communicate the team plan for the SEND service and to ensure that the links to other relevant policies are evident, such as the SEND&I Strategy and wider Council priorities.
- Provision of line management for the SEND Team Manager and Education Officers and SEND transport co-ordinator. This will require full HR management supervision as well as direction and support for the professional development of team members.
- Lead and contribute to multi-agency initiatives encompassing the local area. This includes leading on the strategic development of SEND panels and their arrangements.
If you are looking for a new role within a SEN team, we work across the UK and have a number of roles available from Plan Writers, Tribunal Officers, Team managers to Heads of Service & Directors so please get in touch to find out how Spencer Clarke Group can help develop your career within Special Educational Needs.
If you are interested in the role or would like to know more, please make hit the apply button now and then contact Richard at Spencer Clarke Group on 01772 954200.