An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Accountant to join a modern, well-established, cutting edge, and proactive Chartered Accountancy Practice based in New Barnet.
As a Senior Accountant, you’ll play a vital role in managing a mixed portfolio of clients, listening to the clients, and always working to find a solution to any problem.
You should be someone who is competent preparing and reviewing accounts, managing your own workload, and have good communication skills because you will be the first point of contact for your allocated clients.
The key to success is having extensive practice experience and being able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
If you have the experience, technical skills, knowledge & personality which we’re looking for, this exciting role could be the next step in your career, and we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Based in the firm’s newly refurbished office in New Barnet, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for a client portfolio of approx. 100-120 clients
- First point of contact for your allocated clients.
- Preparation of Accounts for small to medium size businesses (Limited companies, LLPs, and Partnerships)
- Preparation of associated tax returns.
- Upload client records to outsourcing team in India
- Review completed assignments from India
- Ensure all balance sheet items reconcile, and P&L account is accurate
- Ensure notes in the accounts are accurate, and in accordance with appropriate legislation
- Complete job within allocated budget
- Invoice client after job completion
- Ensure monthly WIP is minimised, & Timesheet is completed daily
- Respond to email/telephone messages within 24 hours
The ideal candidate for this position must have:
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to plan workloads, prioritise, and meet deadlines
- High standard of English writing skills
- Organised, reliable and highly efficient
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Bright and capable of working under pressure
- Software skills: Microsoft, IRIS
- Smart appearance and happy nature
- At least 4 years’ experience in a Practice
- ACCA or ACA qualified, but can be QBE
Experience which is not essential but desirable includes:
- Experience with software IRIS – The firm offer training on this software.
About the company
This firm are a cutting edge & proactive accountancy firm, who are fully focused on their clients best interests & also their staff! They are NOT your typical old school, boring accountancy firm, where everyone wears grey suits! Due to an internal promotion this well-established firm are seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team. The firm are always looking to develop and grow, and they onboard 3-4 new clients per week. They offer great client exposure and have BIG, complex, and very interesting clients, so you will get great client exposure! This firm is very well-established, their team is close and friendly, and everyone works together to drive the business forward.
What’s on offer
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
- Benefits: Flexible start & finish times, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, Birthday holiday scheme, 1 extra days annual leave for every 3 years of service, Annual salary review, Employee Assistance Programme, 24 hour mental health and well-being support line, Quarterly social events (paid for by the firm), Dress-down Fridays, Local and accessible parking, and lots more!
- Contract type: Full Time / Permanent
- Hours: Monday – Friday: 9am - 5pm
5 day office role (Flexibility to Hybrid working: 2 day WFH after Induction)
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Adam Pickering on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.