Job Title: Experienced Teaching Assistant
Are you a dedicated and qualified teaching assistant with a passion for supporting children in their educational journey? We are currently seeking an experienced and qualified individual to join our team in Blackburn. The ideal candidate will hold a relevant qualification, such as Level 2 Supporting Children in Schools, and have a strong background in working with children within the national curriculum.
- Provide support to the classroom teacher in implementing lesson plans and educational activities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans for students with Special Educational Needs (SEN).
- Work closely with students, both individually and in small groups, to reinforce learning and address specific needs.
- Support the teacher in managing challenging behavior effectively and promoting a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create a supportive and engaging classroom atmosphere.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Supporting Children in Schools or equivalent.
- Proven experience working with children in a school setting, with a strong understanding of the national curriculum.
- Experience working with challenging behavior and/or SEN children is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teachers, parents, and other staff members.
- Patience and resilience in dealing with challenging situations.
- A positive and proactive attitude towards supporting students' learning and development.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Commitment to professional development and ongoing learning.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR SPENCER CLARKE GROUP
All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Spencer Clarke Group work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary, Special Education needs and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.