What Is an Audit Senior?
What Does an Audit Senior Do?
An Audit Senior plans and executes risk-based internal audits for businesses as part of their annual audit plan and in accordance with company standards. Tasks include planning an audit process, research, reviewing current processes and providing recommendations to enhance company policies and procedures.
What Are the Responsibilities of an Audit Senior?
While working as an Audit Senior, you could be required to:
- Support the planning, execution and delivery of an audit in a timely manner.
- Meet with management and stakeholders to discuss the findings of an audit.
- Assign roles to the audit team.
- Identify risk matters to the business.
- Review the work of junior auditors.
- Manage and solve any issues or discrepancies in data or figures.
- Understand the commercial objectives of the business and the impact made by an internal audit.
- Liaise with external advisors if necessary.
- Manage client expectations during the audit.
- Collate Annual Financial Statements.
- Train junior auditors.
Searching For Audit Senior Jobs?
We work with hundreds of accountancy practices and private sector businesses throughout the UK so why not get in contact with one of our specialists who can advise on current and upcoming opportunities?
Looking for more tips to supercharge your career? Head over to our Accountancy & Finance Career Hub for more actionable insights.