What Is a Tax Manager?
What Does a Tax Manager Do?
A Tax Manager is responsible for managing the tax affairs of an organisation or individual. They oversee tax compliance, planning, and reporting to ensure adherence to tax laws and regulations while optimising tax efficiency. They provide guidance on tax-related matters, such as corporate tax, VAT, personal income tax, and international tax.
What Are the Responsibilities of a Tax Manager?
A Tax Manager prepares and reviews tax returns, conducts tax research, identifies tax-saving opportunities, and assists in tax audits. They stay up-to-date with changing tax legislation, provide tax advice, and work closely with internal teams and external stakeholders to ensure accurate and strategic tax management.
While working as a Tax Manager, you will be required to:
- Ensure compliance with tax laws, regulations, and filing requirements.
- Prepare and review tax returns, including corporate tax, VAT, and personal income tax.
- Monitor and manage tax payment deadlines and obligations.
- Generate accurate tax-related reports and documentation for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop tax planning strategies to optimise tax efficiency and minimise tax liabilities.
- Identify tax-saving opportunities, such as tax credits, deductions, and incentives.
- Conduct tax research and analysis to stay informed about changing tax laws and regulations.
- Provide advice on tax implications of business decisions and transactions.
- Assist in tax audits, inquiries, and investigations by tax authorities.
- Prepare and submit required documentation and information to support tax positions.
- Collaborate with tax consultants or legal professionals when needed.
- Assess tax risks and implement controls to mitigate tax-related risks.
- Ensure compliance with tax governance policies and procedures.
- Monitor changes in tax laws and regulations to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Serve as a point of contact for tax-related inquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
Searching For Tax Manager Jobs?
We work with hundreds of accountancy practices and private sector businesses throughout the UK so why not get in contact with one of our specialists who can advise on current and upcoming opportunities?
Looking for more tips to supercharge your career? Head over to our Accountancy & Finance Career Hub for more actionable insights.