What Is a Contracts Manager?
What Is a Contracts Manager?
A Contracts Manager within property and asset management is a skilled professional responsible for overseeing and managing the contractual aspects of property and asset management activities.
This role entails working closely with property owners, tenants, vendors, and service providers to ensure that contractual agreements are properly drafted, negotiated, executed, and administered.
A Contracts Manager plays a pivotal role in the property and asset management industry, acting as a bridge between stakeholders and ensuring that contracts are effectively managed throughout their lifecycle.
They are responsible for drafting and reviewing contracts, negotiating terms and conditions, and ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Additionally, they monitor contract performance, manage amendments and renewals, and handle any contract-related disputes or issues that may arise.
What Are the Responsibilities of a Contracts Manager?
The responsibilities of a Contracts Manager can encompass a wide range of tasks related to managing contracts and agreements associated with real estate properties and assets.
Contracts Managers will have to prepare, review, and negotiate contracts related to property leases, rental agreements, service contracts, vendor agreements, and maintenance contracts to ensure compliance with legal requirements and organisational standards.
They will oversee lease agreements for tenants, including lease renewals, amendments, and terminations, ensuring accurate and up-to-date lease documentation.
Contracts Managers are required to manage contracts with vendors, contractors, and service providers for property maintenance, repairs, renovations, and other services. They will monitor performance and ensure adherence to contract terms.
Contracts Managers must also identify and mitigate potential risks associated with property and asset management contracts, including liability, insurance, and environmental considerations.
While working as a Contract Manager, you will be required to:
- Oversee and manage the contractual aspects of property and asset management activities.
- Ensure that contractual agreements are properly drafted, negotiated, executed, and administered.
- Act as a bridge between stakeholders.
- Ensure that contracts are effectively managed throughout their lifecycle.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Handle any contract-related disputes or issues that may arise.
- Strike a balance between meeting the needs of stakeholders and safeguarding the interests of the organisation.
- Manage amendments and renewals of contracts.
Searching for Your Next Contracts Manager Job?
If you're searching for your next career opportunity, why not take a look at all the latest Contracts Manager jobs available now?