What Is a CHC Nurse Assessor?
What Does a CHC Nurse Assessor Do?
As a trained healthcare professional, the role of a CHC (Continuing Healthcare) Nurse Assessor involves conducting comprehensive individual assessments of patients to assess their eligibility for NHS Continuing Healthcare (CHC).
NHS Continuing Healthcare (CHC) is a package of care provided by the National Health Service (NHS) in the UK, which is free of charge to people with complex and ongoing healthcare needs, and covers the cost of healthcare services, equipment, and support needed to manage their health conditions.
What Are the Responsibilities of a CHC Nurse Assessor?
CHC Nurse Assessors are responsible for collaborating with other healthcare professionals such as Registered General Nurses, individuals, and their families to gather necessary information for a comprehensive assessment of a patient's physical, mental, and emotional needs, as well as any social and environmental factors that may impact their care.
The main responsibilities of a CHC Nurse Assessor include:
- Conducting individual assessments of patients.
- Providing high-quality support to patients.
- Providing clinical advice in relation to NHS continuing healthcare.
- Determining the level of funding required.
- Collaborating with other healthcare professionals, individuals, and their families.
- Attending training and development opportunities when requested.
- Maintaining data protection and confidentiality requirements in line with legal and ethical guidelines.
- Staying up to date with changes to national frameworks and ensuring compliance.
- Identifying and reporting any safeguarding concerns to the appropriate authorities.
- Developing care plans and goals.
- Building and maintaining relationships.
A CHC Nurse Assessor has to prepare documentation to help determine the level of funding required for continuing health care and funded nursing care.
Build relationships and Care Plans
CHC Nurse Assessors must build and maintain relationships with individuals and families to enhance cooperation through the assessment process and develop care plans and goals that meet their needs and preferences.
Stay Up To Date
A CHC Nurse Assessor is also expected to keep up to date with changes to the National Framework for CHC and NHS-funded Nursing Care and ensure compliance at all times.
Searching For CHC Nurse Assessor Jobs?
If you're searching for your next career opportunity, why not take a look at all the latest CHC Nurse Assessor jobs available now?
We work with hundreds of NHS Trusts, Local Authorities and private sector organisations throughout the UK so why not get in contact with one of our specialists who can advise on current and upcoming opportunities?