If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside an accountancy practice in Sutton Coldfield to appoint a talented Senior Account Controller on a permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will be fully qualified and have experience working within an accountancy practice. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Based in Sutton Coldfield, you will be tasked with:
- Performing bookkeeping duties using Xero accounting software covering all functions, invoice entry, invoice raising and bank reconciliation. Reconciliation aged receivables and aged payables.
- Operating Receipt Bank and demonstrating an appropriate level of understanding of the product.
- Understanding and using Senta Practice Management software.
- Posting the trial balance onto TaxCalc accounting software.
- Posting prepayments, accruals and wages journals as required.
- Preparing accounts on Xero from an incomplete set of records.
- Completing VAT returns and reviewing for errors so VAT is correct to sent to clients
- Completing personal tax returns.
- Preparing limited company accounts for manager review so they are for presentation to clients
- Preparing corporation tax returns for limited companies.
- Developing management reporting skills and forecasting skills to help clients better understand their business.
- Working towards developing own portfolio of clients taking responsibility for them within the practice.
- Assisting with development of junior staff in the practice
- Liaising with HMRC and resolving basic issues as required.
- Liaising with clients as required and maintain good working relationships with them.
- Undertaking ad hoc assignments as required and cover payroll in the absence of the payroll controller.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Be ACCA/ACA fully qualified
- Have experience working with Xero software.
- Have experience working within an accountancy practice.
What’s on offer
- Salary: £25,000-£35,000 dependant on experience
- Benefits: Monday to Friday, 35 hour working week, flexitime between 8 and 6, early Friday finish at half 3, hybrid offering up to 2 days a week, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, profit based bonus scheme
- Contract type: Permanent
About the company
You'll be working for an accountancy practice that provides vibrant accounting and advisory services to the most ambitious agencies. Specialising with digital, PR, and creative industries to provide a quality service and helping clients understand with honesty.
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Shannon Broadbent on 0203 039 3555
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Shannon Broadbent on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.