We are assisting a Local Authority in the appointment of an experienced Residential Practitioner to join their Childrens Services Team in Rotherham!
As a Residential Care Worker you will be expected to provide day to day support and care to young people who are resident in the home and take an active role in the overall development of the home and services available to young people.
As a Residential Care Worker you will be responsible for the following:
- Play a lead role in the shift planning process to ensue that this is clearly documented.
- To fulfil key workers responsibilities as laid out in Quality Standards 2015 for Children’s Homes.
- Undertake a flexible and imaginative approach in offering support to young people as appropriate.
- Plan and encourage the young people to engage in residents meetings, consult with them and involve them in the day to day running of the home.
- Promote Childrens rights at all times.
- To undertake sleeping in duties as and when required, as part oof the requirement for work on a rota basis, covering evenings and weekends.
- Attend and make a positive contribution to staff meetings, training sessions, supervisions and My Performance Conversation.
To be a successful candidate for this role you must have the following:
- Experience of working direct work with children.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Sophie on 01772 954 200
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Children Services and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
We also have a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to contact Sophie at Spencer Clarke Group.
*T’s & C’s apply.