Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a local authority based in Waltham Forest to appoint a talented Area Estate Manager on a contract basis.
As a Area Estate Manager , you undertake the management of the Council’s non-residential properties including lease renewals, rent reviews, rent collection and debt recovery together with the annual programme of asset valuations required by statute. To gain an understanding of all matters affecting property within a designated area of the Borough and to us that understanding to prioritise work according to Council priorities and needs. To establish and encompass working relationships with stakeholders including members and services within a designated are of the Borough
About the role :
- Plan and ensure service delivery within a complex / diverse service area. Control operational activities within the service area and ensure professional standards are delivered
- Manage responses to complex professional or politically sensitive issues within the area of responsibility
- Manage key relationships with delivery partners /providers /suppliers to commission / manage / evaluate / enhance appropriate service delivery / capacity within area of responsibility.
- Develops service plans to meet strategic business goals. Ensure compliance with all internal and external standards.
- Ensure the development and delivery of continuous improvements in all aspects of the service
- Lead, motivate and develop staff to create and maintain a highly competent and participative workforce
- Identify, secure, deploy and manage the resources necessary for the professional service area to meet or exceed its objectives
- Ensure the necessary standards relating to safeguarding best practices/protocols are effectively communicated, monitored and maintained
- Implement a risk management programme and advise on issues affecting Council service areas
- Manage the delivery of rent reviews and lease renewals and new lettings within a designated area of the Borough
- Manage the letting of property assets
- Manage the use of council property ensuring it is optimized and that property supports the effective delivery of services and council priorities
- To monitor caseload within a geographical location, nature of task and report to the Senior corporate Landlord Surveyor on progress of cases
About you :
- At least 7 years post qualification experience of undertaking similar work in a similar sized complex organisation delivering all aspects of asset management.
- Experience of establishing and managing client reporting structures and delivering a client led approach
- Experience of establishing holistic plans for property management
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent
- Chartered Surveyor
What’s on offer:
- On going contract
- Monday to Friday
- £350 to £375 per day (negotiable DOE)
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either:
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Chris Wilkinson on 01772 954200
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chris Wilkinson on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.