Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a local authority based in Kensington & Chelsea to appoint a talented Senior Estate Manager on a contract basis.
As a Senior Estate Manager , You will organize and manage an Estate care Service Team to ensure estates and properties under your control are kept clean, tidy, safe and provide enhanced amenity for residents through the delivery of a multi-functional service of the highest standard (both directly and through contractors). The service will have a strong emphasis on customer care and resident involvement to shape the scope and delivery of service
About the role:
- To be the operational service lead for the delivery of Estate care Services (North or South) and monitoring of other services in communal areas under your control, ensuring that estates are clean, tidy, safe and provide optimal amenity - ensuring that high standards are consistently achieved.
- To line manage up to 4 Estate Managers and a frontline Estate care team, engaging daily with the Team to ensure services are efficiently resourced, organized, and delivered effectively.
- Conduct and record one to one supervision for Estate managers and Estates Assistant on a monthly basis with strong focus on customer care, service planning and reviewing performance. To carry out staff Appraisals at required intervals.
- Lead and motivate the Estate Services Team, mentoring, coaching, performance managing, and facilitating training provision for staff to achieve their full potential. Embed a ‘can do’ professional culture that seeks continuous improvement
- To record and line manage sickness absence and staff conduct effectively in accordance with RBKC’s procedures
- Ensure all directly delivered (and contracted) services operate to clearly defined standards and up to date work schedules which are communicated with residents in a range of accessible formats including block Notice Boards.
- Ensure all service time and/or resource is accurately accounted for and liaise with service charge accounts to maximise income collection to cover service running costs.
- To monitor budget spend within your Teams control and ensure purchase orders are raised and invoices processed in accordance with RBKC’s procedures.
- To ensure that minor communal repairs are carried out promptly and to a high standard
- To ensure that all estates in the Group (North or South) are Site Inspected each month, are recorded through prescribed software, and review these reports with appropriate staff to ensure shortfalls in service are responded to and resolved promptly
- Regularly review performance; financial; human resource; safety and other data proactively to rectify any shortfalls in service and problem solve with departmental and service colleagues to meet compliance, procedural or service requirements
- To provide or present commentary, analysis on key performance indicators, service information and other reports to a variety of audiences, including meetings of residents, management and other stakeholders
- To plan for the delivery of localised services and assist in their design to ensure that residents views and aspirations are properly reflected through effective consultation.
- Plan for and deliver the recruitment, selection and induction of staff for the Group as required
- To ensure safe working practices are adhered to in accordance with RBKC’s health & safety policy, statutory legislation & guidance, and assist in undertaking risk assessments covering service activity. Ensure safe practice guidance is communicated and understood within teams managed.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of monthly Health & Safety Reports; Fire Risk Assessment actions and meter reading activity within Teams led
- To participate in service development reviews, workshops, meetings of external services and broader RBKC groups where required
- To chair and facilitate monthly team meetings, providing guidance to staff on operational procedures and corporate initiatives
- Mobilise an effective team response in the event of major emergencies e.g. fire, flooding or power failure
- Promote genuine equality and diversity in all aspects of staff management and service delivery.
- To undertake other duties which may arise or as may be delegated from time to time appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Project lead in procuring and managing all required contracts and services to secure housing estates and properties effected by the annual Notting Hill carnival. This includes the subsequent clean-up operation
- Experience of line management
- Background in estate management
- Ideally worked for a local authority or Housing Association
- Strong people skills
- Desire to improve services for our residents.
What’s on offer:
- On going contract
- Monday to Friday
- £30 to £40 per hour (negotiable DOE)
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either:
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Chris Wilkinson on 01772 954200
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chris Wilkinson on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.