If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further.
Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a Local Authority in Hampshire to appoint a Mechanical Supervisor / Clerk of Works on a 6-month contract, which is highly likely to be extended to an ongoing placement.
As a successful Mechanical Clerk of Works, your duties will be:
- To provide quality control to mechanical installations, servicing and replacement contracts
- To ensure that all mechanical installation services comply with appropriate legislation, professional standards and the Council’s values, standards, policies and priorities
- Supervision of gas and mechanical installations in all properties within Southampton City Council’s Domestic and Corporate portfolio.
- To undertake the clerking duties of building projects within the terms of funding agreements / service specifications
- To arrange for the works to be carried out and supervise them in order to ensure compliance with specifications, monitoring the contractor’s performance and undertaking such inspections as may be necessary
To be considered, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- Technical knowledge of domestic and commercial gas & mechanical systems, together with general engineering practices
- Recognised qualification in Heating & Ventilation
- Contract management experience in supervising contractors
- Experience of working in a social housing environment (Local Authority or Housing Association). (desirable)
- An understanding of property compliance management & asset management. (desirable)
- Experience of managing property compliance data. (desirable)
- Experience of using Keystone / Technology Forge or similar database modules (in respect of risk management, planned maintenance, servicing & inspection). (desirable)
What’s on offer
- Salary: Negotiable to market rates
- Contract type: 6 Months ongoing
- Hours: Mon-Fri 37 hrs
- Location: Hybrid working with site visits around Southampton required
How to apply
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Joe O’Halloran at Spencer Clarke Group on 01772 954200
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
• Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
• Market leading referrals of up to £500
• Post Placement Aftercare
• Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers