Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Southampton City Council to provide them with a Community Engagement Officer based on a 6-month initial contract, that may be extended.
Working Pattern: 37 hours per week, some weekend/evening work may be required (to be discussed and agreed)
Location: Based outside/in the community
Pay rate: £13.21 - £16.21 per hour. May be negotiable.
As a successful Community Engagement Officer, your duties will be:
- Engaging with residents, primarily about symptom free covid testing, but also promotion of wider messaging surrounding covid interventions.
- Supervise testing collection points, talk with, and advise residents, answer questions, and deliver key public health messages and sing post residents to additional support and services available to them.
- To support the development and delivery of a programme of community engagement that focuses on building ongoing relationships and dialogue with community groups and key stakeholders, and in particular to identify opportunities to deliver public health messages in relation to symptom free testing, vaccination, support to self-isolate, and the broader Covid secure messages.
- To set up equipment and manage stock.
To be considered for this position, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- Full clean driving licence with ability to drive a van is essential.
- Excellent communication skills and a positive 'can do attitude' is vital.
- Knowledge of the local area desirable.
- Must be able to tolerate standing for periods of time.
If you wish to be put forward, please apply below and contact Cameron Nicholls @ Spencer Clarke Group. email@example.com / 01772 954 200