Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside Sunderland Council to assist with the appointment of a Child and Family worker.
As a Child and Family worker the ideal candidate will deliver all types of family time on behalf of TFC including court ordered sessions, Permanence, Child Protections and Private Law.
We are looking to speak with candidates who have experience with working with children and have a passion for making a difference in these young person's life's.
Rate of pay: Starting from £12.00 - £14.00 – Negotiable based on experience.
Contract Length: 3–6-month agency contract.
- Enhanced DBS Issued within 12months
- Driving Licence Preferred
- NVQ Level 3 or Equivalent
- Most Recent 5 years employment history with all gaps verified.
- To supervise contact between Looked After children and their families to ensure children benefit from safe, meaningful contact with family members, at times when they must live apart.
- To transport children as required, ensuring that contact arrangements are met in a venue, which may include travelling outside of the City of Sunderland.
- To ensure case recording is accurate and up to date, in order that high quality reports are produced for meetings and reviews.
- To be proactive and solution focused to ensure that contact takes place as planned and to communicate any changes verbally and in writing with all parties.
- To sensitively manage the supervision of contact sessions, having the ability to engage with children and adults to redirect problem behaviour to more positive engagement.
We are welcoming applications from a variety of social care backgrounds including, family support workers, contact supervisors and newly qualified social worker. Previous candidates have gone on to secure a newly qualified position following completion of this contract.
If you are interested in the role or would like to know more, please make an application today and then contact Jordan at Spencer Clarke Group on 01772 954200