If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside an Accountancy practice in Paignton to appoint a talented Bookkeeper on a full time permanent basis.
As Bookkeeper you’ll play a vital role in recording and maintaining clients and business’s financial transactions, such as purchases, expenses, sales revenue, invoices, and payments
The ideal candidate will strive for consistency and control to give a professional and proactive service.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
You will be tasked with:
- General bookkeeping
- VAT returns
- Preparation of management accounts
- Process sales and purchase invoices for many different clients.
- Bank reconciliations
- Maintain and reconcile purchase and sales ledgers for a variety of clients
- Amend and file tax returns for clients over the course of the year
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Previously worked in an accountancy practice.
- Ability to communicate with clients clearly and professionally via phone, email, and letters
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritise workload and manage deadlines.
The ideal candidate will preferably have experience in:
- AAT / Bookkeeping Qualification
- Microsoft Office
- Bookkeeping software
- Sage one
- Sage Desktop
What’s on offer
- Salary: Dependant on experience
- Payment of Subscriptions to Professional Bodies
- Group Private Medical Cover Policy - non-contributory by you.
- Group Income Protection Policy – non-contributory by you.
- Death in Service (Life Cover) – non contributory by you.
- Parking permit for all Torbay car parks.
- Commission of 25% of the first year’s annual recurring fee chargeable to any clients you introduce to the practice
- Commission on introduction of suitable employees
- Flexi Time (with 1.30pm finish on Fridays as part of standard hours).
- Two Duvet Fridays per holiday year.
- Casual wear everyday
- Open culture to include regular staff meetings, including involving staff in practice development and achievement of goals.
- Social Committee and events with a social fund provided by the Practice.
- Christmas closure period 24 Dec to 1 Jan, all working days given as extra holiday.
- Holiday entitlement increases with length of service.
- Modern, social environment with a pool table
- Contract type: Full time, Permanent
- Hours: Core hours between 10:00 – 16:00 with flexi time
About the company
You'll be working for a rapidly expanding practice with big plans for the future. For almost 20 years, they have acquired a wealth of experience in accounting, providing a tailored and consistent service. Working in a close-knit, social environment you are sure to be encouraged to progress and achieve.
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Chelsea Waddell on 01772 954 200
- Email your CV to clw @ spencerclarkegroup.co.uk
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chelsea Waddell on refer @ spencerclarkegroup.co.uk remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.