If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside an accountancy practice in Leamington Spa to appoint a talented Assistant Accounts Manager on a permanent basis.
As Assistant Accounts Manager, you’ll play a vital role in building and maintaining client relationships with a view to providing an excellent service.
The ideal candidate will be able to work effectively as both part of a team and individually, and be bale to prioritise their own workload. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Based in Leamington Spa, you will be tasked with:
- Reviewing accounts prepared by more junior members of staff
- Accounts preparation from both incomplete records and draft trial balance stage for more complex accounts jobs
- Preparation of draft tax computations and calculations
- Understanding of accounts requirements and formats including FRS102 and FRS105
- Liaising with staff members and clients to resolve queries
- Analysis and interpretation of accounts and financial performance
- Management of deadlines for completion of VAT returns
- Reviewing and supervising junior members of staff undertaking book-keeping and VAT processes
- Review of previous years’ tax return to identify information required
- Completing tax returns
- Computing and advising clients of tax liabilities and due dates
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Have 5 years experience working within an accountancy practice
- Be ACCA/ACA qualified
- Experience using accounting software
- Be comfortable carrying out tasks with minimal supervision
- Have excellent Excel and IT skills
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to communicate effectively in a clear and professional manner at all levels
- Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Work well as a member of a team and be able to manage other staff members
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
What’s on offer
- Salary: £30,000-£35,000
- Benefits: Monday to Friday, 9-5 working hours with half hour lunch, 37.5 hour working week, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, study support offered, progression opportunities
- Contract type: Permanent
About the company
You'll be working with a group of highly skilled accountants, who are highly dependable, reliable, and trusted to handle an extensive range of cases. They have a wealth of knowledge behind them, working with small businesses and larger corporations for all their accountancy needs.
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Shannon Broadbent on 0203 039 3555
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Shannon Broadbent on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.