Whats Is an Accounts Assistant?
What Is an Accounts Assistant?
The role of an Accounts Assistant (or Accounting Assistant) is to provide accounting and administrative support to senior accounting and finance staff. This could include paying invoices, processing or filing paperwork, ensuring paperwork is accurate, reconciling company accounts or chasing outstanding payments. Accounts Assistants could be hired to focus on accounting, bookkeeping or auditing, or a combination of the three.
What Are the Responsibilities of an Accounts Assistant?
The main responsibilities of an Accounts Assistant include:
- Complete daily and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Check data or payments are correct.
- Handle petty cash transactions.
- Pay, process or send invoices.
- Administration tasks such as filing and processing mail.
- Schedule appointments with clients.
- Enter financial data into accounting systems.
- Chase outstanding debt.
- Control credit.
- Process expense requests.
- Track expenditure.
- Financial analysis tasks.
Searching For Accounting Assistant Jobs?
We work with hundreds of accountancy practices and private sector businesses throughout the UK so why not get in contact with one of our specialists who can advise on current and upcoming opportunities?
Looking for more tips to supercharge your career? Head over to our Accountancy & Finance Career Hub for more actionable insights.