Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside a Local Authority in Herefordshire to provide them with a Senior Quantity Surveyor on a 3-month contract.
This is full time, Monday – Friday and offers a pay rate of £30-£35 per hour. This may be negotiable dependent on experience.
As a successful Senior QS, your duties will be:
- Build up cost estimates for reactive and project work, sub contract and self-delivered work; Value engineering.
- Manage the tendering process, work with procurement team to prepare tender documentation, scope and specification for project work, cyclical maintenance contracts and statutory compliance works.
- Prepare sub contract agreements and set up contractors in accordance with NEC3 contract.
- Prepare invoices/application for payment.
- Prepare monthly cost of service reports and review commercial progress
To be considered, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- Experience of commercial management within a construction, property or maintenance setting
- Practical experience in estimating minor works and planned preventative maintenance using a variety of service delivery methods
- Practical experience using NEC3 suite of contracts. Knowledge of contract conditions and their application.
- Experience of effective sub-contractor management
- Minimum HNC Building Services Surveying, desirable BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying or equivalent Quantity Surveying Level 6 Diploma
- Previous experience working for a Local Authority highly desirable
If you wish to be put forward, please apply below and contact Joe O’Halloran @ Spencer Clarke Group.
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers