If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside an accountancy practice in Birmingham to appoint a talented Semi Senior Accountant on a permanent basis.
As Semi Senior Accountant, you’ll play a vital role in being at the forefront of delivering excellent client service.
The ideal candidate will be hard working with the ability to work to deadlines, be able maintain a great level of accuracy and have strong analytical and numeric skills. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Based in Birmingham, you will be tasked with:
- Accounts preparation for Ltd Companies, Sole Traders, Partnerships & Charities
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation of management accounts
- Attending client meetings
- Overseeing the work of more junior accountants
- Completing tax computations for both personal and corporate clients
- Communication with HMRC
- Accounts Administration
- Assisting with the training and development needs of the more junior accountants
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in Practice
- Be AAT qualified/part-qualified ACCA/ACA or qualified by experience
- Have experience with Xero and QuickBooks is preferable
- Have the ability to work to deadlines with a high level of accuracy
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have strong analytical and numeric skills
- Have excellent Excel skills
What’s on offer
- Salary: £27,000-£33,000
- Benefits: 9:00am-5:30pm working hours with 1 hour lunch, Monday to Friday, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, Free parking, Free gym, Pension, Continuous development offered
- Contract type: Permanent
About the company
Established 18 years ago, our client continues to build on their enviable reputation for providing excellent advice and first class service to our business and personal clients alike. They have many clients across the UK and service businesses, small and large, across many sectors including Healthcare (pharmacists, dentists, doctors, opticians), freelance contractors, construction, property investors, wholesalers, manufacturing, engineering, retailers, online traders, professional consultancy practices, transportation, logistics, education, barristers hospitality, leisure, charities and non for profit organisations.
In addition to traditional accounting and tax services they also provide advice on how to improve and develop businesses. Whether that’s an integrated business strategy, access to corporate finance or specialist tax advice they will be there to help.
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Shannon Broadbent on 0203 039 3555
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Shannon Broadbent on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.