Multi-trade Operative (Plumber)
Competent to complete a wide variety carpentry, plumbing and other trade tasks at multiskilled level and in accordance with the Skills Awards L2 NVQ Diploma in Maintenance Operations or equivalent. Tasks include plumbing, carpentry and masonry both internally and externally to Abri properties and communal areas.
• Ensure compliance with health and safety to ensure that work is carried out in accordance with relevant service standards, building regulations, relevant legislations and codes of practice.
• To liaise with customers and other colleagues, as appropriate, to ensure all relevant individuals are aware of progress and action taken. In more complex cases to refer the matter to a senior member of staff to identify the necessary remedial action.
• Provide a high-quality service to Abri customers and maintain a good customer relationship, acting as ambassadors.
• To ensure at all times that all works comply with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post. To include appropriate use of equipment, PPE and safety footwear.
• Deliver works on time within given priorities and attempt to carry out repairs first time.
• Ability to use and apply a ‘Schedule of Rates’ for job costing repairs and ensuring repair orders are varied to correct value.
• To cover out of hours emergency call out in accordance with the departmental rota or attend to emergencies out of hours when required.
• Use a Smart phone and Tablet devise and other Information Technology hardware to accurately record progress and completion of jobs in accordance with systems, policies and procedures.
• Competent to complete a wide variety carpentry, plumbing and other trade tasks at multiskilled level
• Demonstrable experience with a variety of carpentry and plumbing works across a variety of properties
• NVQ level 2, or time served experience in either carpentry, masonry and/or plumbing
• Experience of working as part of a trade team delivering to tight timescales
• Ability to accurately record work undertaken, record hours, materials and costs. This may be via paper or electronic submission
• Driving licence
• Ability to undertake physically demanding work