Maintenance Operative - Bath
The key function is to support Property Services in delivering building services maintenance and repairs across the area to ensure buildings are maintained to the highest standards and to provide a safe and secure environment for visitors, customers, and employees.
- Undertake routine planned and reactive maintenance service as instructed by the Team Leader, ensuring that operational standards are maintained at all times. To also support the work that is included in minor work.
- Undertake routine repairs or minor works including joinery, painting and decoration, general building works, ground works or general plumbing.
- To maintain effective site log books at all premises ensuring that they are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support the Projects/Construction team and Team Leader in delivering minor capital works to premises.
- Complete suitable risk assessments prior to undertaking works and undertake works as per instructions within any relevant permit or work plan.
- Understand the principles of fire risk assessment and relevant precautions within the workplace.
- Record and report any risk, loss or defect to the Team Leader or helpdesk as appropriate for corrective action.
- Support the Building Services maintenance team and colleagues in providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Participate in an emergency call out service as required.
- To assist in works with external contractors, tenants and customers as required.
- Required to provide day-to-day supervision of maintenance assistants.
- To complete all relevant mandatory and job-related training in line with company requirements.
- Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of building services maintenance as directed by the Team Leader or helpdesk
- NVQ Level 2 or higher BTEC/City & Guilds or equivalent.
- Formal apprenticeship or craft trained equivalent.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Previous experience working within a buildings maintenance environment.
- Previous experience of undertaking minor works and repairs.