If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further.
Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside an NHS Foundation Trust in South Yorkshire to appoint a Head of Clinical Engineering on an initial 3-6 month contract.
As a successful Head of Clinical Engineering, your duties will be:
- Ensuring the operational management of medical engineering services for the organisation and for management of the organisation’s Clinical Engineering Services Trust wide, including staff management within the department.
- To ensure an effective and compliant planned preventative and reactive maintenance regimen along with ensuring that all Clinical Engineering assets are kept available. Including confirming any contract work, is carried out to standards and specifications across the whole range of medical devices, and ensure best value for money is achieved.
- Be responsible for the day to day management, service development and Business planning for the engineering service within the Clinical Engineering department.
- Provide expert specialist and professional expertise to other estates staff, senior management of the organisation and external organisations supported by Estates providing specialist advice on a whole range of medical devices technical issues.
To be considered, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- Minimum Qualification – BEng Hons Electronic Engineering. or an equivalent subject.
- Registration as a Clinical Technologist or corporate member of appropriate institution
- Incorporated status with registered Engineering Council UK professional body (desirable)
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical device technology and current analogue and digital / micro-electronic systems, electrical and electronic engineering, pneumatic, precision electro-mechanical and computer systems.
- Sound working knowledge of service information and customer relationships with a high level of understanding of patient and staff risks arising from equipment failure or human error.
- High level of understanding of relevant legislation, national standards, professional and other guidelines and safety practices (e.g., BSI standards, Health & Safety, RIDDOR, COSHH, Managing Medical Devices 2015 (MHRA).
What’s on offer
- Salary: Up to £40 per hour
- Contract type: 3-6 Months
- Hours: Mon-Fri 37 hrs
How to apply
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Joe O’Halloran at Spencer Clarke Group on 01772 954200
- Email your CV to Joe @ Spencer Clarke Group
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
• Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
• Market leading referrals of up to £500
• Post Placement Aftercare
• Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers