Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a local authority based in Enfield to appoint a talented Facilities Security Manager on a permanent basis.
As a Facilities Security Manager , you will work across multiple corporately-managed council offices with responsibility for the physical security of those facilities and the provision of manned guarding. This role will collaborate with other FM functions, including Reception, Cleaning and wider FM operations. The role will take strategic direction and policy setting from the Head of Security (within Law & Governance).To take operational responsibility for the management of security at the council’s corporate facilities, including physical security systems and manned guarding, in accordance with the approved Security Policy and associated strategies. To take budget responsibility for the security systems’ maintenance and repair and for manned guarding services and deliver cost-effective, high quality outcomes within budget. To constantly challenge systems and service efficiency to drive innovation, improvement and value. To provide operational and tactical security subject matter expertise within the Council, including the role of intelligent client for commissioning of internal and external teams and contractors
About the role :
- Responsible for the management of all facilities security operations, including physical security systems and manned guarding, of the Council’s corporate estate in accordance with the approved Security Policy and associated strategies
- Take responsibility as budget holder for facilities security operations, including physical security systems and manned guarding, providing accurate monthly financial reporting and forecasting. To regularly review resources required for facilities security operations to ensure enough resources are assigned for an effective and efficient service and within budget
- Ensure the security of the Council’s statutory meetings, typically held during evenings, in order to assure the continuity of the democratic process. To attend and support the security of these meetings when requested or when circumstances necessitate
- Ensure rigorous service performance monitoring and management of outsourced service providers. Review arrangements that are in place and ensure that all remedial actions are identified and undertaken where necessary
- Develop and maintain excellent working partnerships and liaison with internal departments of the Council, Metropolitan Police external organisations, statutory bodies, community organisations and third sector organisations
- Assist the Head of Security on the strategic development of the security of the council’s services ensuring an integrated approach with all departments and contacts across the council to ensure compliance with CPIN standards
- Prepare and regularly review risk assessments for facilities security operations at all corporate properties, ensuring they are suitable and sufficient and that all intolerable risks are mitigated or escalated to the Head of Security and FM & Compliance Manager
- Ensure all facilities security operations procurement follows the Council’s Contract Procedure Rules and industry profession guidance. Continually review the performance of security contracts to meet the long-term requirements of the council, ensuring contract extensions or re-tendering is undertaken in good time
- Seek innovative ways of delivering efficiencies and improved service including greater collaboration with other FM services and with Service occupiers, to develop, test and implement improved delivery models including greater in-sourcing
About you :
- Proven experience to lead, engage, motivate, appraise and develop staff to deliver high standards of service and performance
- Experience of effective budget management and deliver services plans on time and on budget
- A track record of delivering security improvements to systems and personnel as well as implementing changes in policies and practice across the organisation
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Private Security Industry Act 2001 and its practical implications for client organisations and commercial landlords
- Ability to work across the organisation to achieve service objectives within a performance management framework
- Effective management of change and supporting teams to deliver results during periods of change
- Should have a Security qualification or equivalent experience
- As a regular and intrinsic part of this role required you to speak to members of the public in English, the ability to converse at ease, politely and courteously with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential and consistent with the requirements of this role.
- Within a reasonable commuting distance of the office as Incident and Emergency cover is required in the event of a critical incident.
What’s on offer:
- Permanent vacancy
- Monday to Friday (36 hours)
- £39,000 to £50,000 per day annum + benefits
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either:
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Chris Wilkinson on 01772 954200
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chris Wilkinson on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.