If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside Tower Hamlets Council to appoint a talented Deputy Head of Youth Justice Service on a Contract basis.
As a Deputy Head of Youth Justice Service you’ll play a vital role in taking overall responsibility for ensuring services are delivered in line with local and National Standards, ensuring safe, effective and consistent delivery with the primary objective to deliver high quality outcome focused youth justice provision to children/young people (aged 10-18 years) in Tower Hamlets and the City of London.
The ideal candidate will be forward thinking, driven and determined to make a difference!
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Based in Tower Hamlets you will be tasked with delivering key strategic objectives including:
- To lead, in partnership with the Head of Service, on ensuring that the Service achieves its performance targets as they relate to youth justice outputs, outcomes and impact, including safeguarding and stability of care to meet the needs of children, young people and families.
- Delivering the YJS vision; for children and young people to leave the service with improved circumstances and aspirations. Ensure Youth Justice intervention in the lives of children and families is of a consistently high standard and meets the needs of Tower Hamlets and City of London diverse communities.
- Working with the Head of Service to ensure that links and partnerships are made and maintained with external stakeholder organisations commissioned by the Service.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Working knowledge of the legislative framework within which Social Care and the Youth Justice Service operates, inclusive of regulations, national guidance and procedures specific to this post.
- Thorough understanding of quality assurance and ability to integrate this understanding into practice.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current professional practice issues in relation to this post.
- Knowledge of diverse communities and their needs. Knowledge and understanding of the impact of disproportionality in relation to BAME young people/families/service delivery across the criminal justice system
- Social Work qualification (Social Work England registered); or appropriate qualification in Probation. If Social Work qualified, a current Social Work England certificate will be a condition of appointment and employment.
- Successful professional experience since qualifying
About the company
You'll be working for Tower Hamlets Council a high profile local government body focussed on only the best outcomes for its residents and stakeholders.
What’s on offer
- Salary: £300-£400+ per day, Inside IR35
Please submit your CV with the rate you require
- Overtime: no options available
- Contract type: 3-6 month minimum, likely to extend.
- Hours: 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
How to apply
- Please send your CV
- Once your CV is received, if you are successful you will be contacted.
- Due to the extremely high number of applications, it may not be possible to contact every applicant. As such, if you are not contacted please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to John Shorrock on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.