Spencer Clarke Group are working to recruit a Communications & Engagement Officer for Kingston Council
Rate – £200+ per day (negotiable upon experience) - please submit your cv with the rate you require
An experienced communications officer is required to support the delivery of media and campaigns activity for Kingston Council. This is an exciting role in the Communications and Engagement function at the heart of organisation, as part of a team delivering the best possible outcomes for our communities.
The successful candidate will be delivering media and campaigns activity that informs, changes behaviour, and encourages audiences to work more closely with the council. They will also respond to media enquiries and generate proactive news content and champion community engagement ensuring it is ‘hard wired’ into Council decision making.
You should be confident in delivering multi- channel strategic campaigns and have excellent communication and digital skills with good attention to detail and an eagerness to learn. The right candidate will demonstrate innovation and creativity as well as the ability to adapt to different ways of working to meet the changing demands of the role.
A key part of the role is to build networks and relationships with teams across council, residents, communities and other external partners to develop and deliver impactful communications and engagement.
● Minimum four years’ experience of working in a relevant public relations, communications or marketing role
● Questions and challenges ways of working, with an understanding of the bigger picture in terms of the corporate context and external environment
● Demonstrate agility and adaptability in mindset and ways of working
● Ability to influence and motivate a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve objectives;
● proficient in managing and prioritising a demanding communications and engagement work programme to tight timescale;
● Extensive experience of creating impactful written, visual and audio visual content for a range of audiences - residents, businesses, community groups;
● Creative independent thinker, confident in presenting new ideas;
● Actively engages in positive cross-organisational communications and team working;
● Communicates clearly, confidently and appropriately with colleagues using the best methods of communication for the task.
The role will also include responding to clients home in case of an emergency therefore we are looking for experienced and competent drivers who have a full clean UK driving licence.
Can you please confirm you are happy for Spencer Clarke Group to be the sole agency to represent you for this role?
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY PLEASE RESPOND FIRSTLY WITH AN UP TO DATE CV, AVAILABILITY/ NOTICE PERIOD, THE ROLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR & THE HOURLY RATE YOU REQUIRE. We do not hold CV’s on file without first speaking with you.
On receipt of your CV and contact details I will get in touch to discuss how to progress the application.
SCG REFERRAL SCHEME*
SCG offer a market leading referral scheme so if you know of someone who may be looking for work. Please feel free to pass on my details.
Any worker referred by yourself who is not registered and we place into a role, we can offer a referral fee of £250 to you!
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact John Shorrock @ Spencer Clarke group – email@example.com
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers