Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a local authority based in Essex to appoint a talented Strategic Asset Manager on a contract basis.
As a Strategic Asset Manager, working with Service Managers in ECC, will focus on the review of property assets in support of the ECC Property Strategy. In addition, the role will work collaboratively with other Essex local authorities, One Public Estate partners and other stakeholders to identify co-location and collaboration opportunities to reduce costs and enhance the efficiency of the ECC property portfolio.
About the role :
- To formulate, manage and undertake reviews of the Council’s property
- portfolio, with stakeholders, in accord with the Property Strategy,
- producing a supporting detailed and prioritised property asset review plan
- To manage and undertake specific option appraisals and feasibility studies, which
- evaluate and determine best value solutions to service and corporate needs within given constraints including the presentation and explanation of proposals.
- To provide line management (including technical advice and support), directly and
- through matrix management, to two Property Managers on specific property asset reviews, option appraisals and feasibility studies.
- To formulate, manage and undertake specific area and theme-based property reviews, as required, which appraise service, corporate and partner needs and provide best value, innovative and imaginative solutions to those needs within given constraints.
- To co-ordinate the development of and collation of Performance Indicators, to embed and monitor the effectiveness of the Property Strategy, property performance and the corporate landlord model.
- To establish, develop and maintain collaborative and partnership working with internal and external stakeholders, to deliver collaborative initiatives, and implement improvements in cross-cutting working relationships, and to undertake negotiations in partnership projects, seeking positive outcomes, and ensuring appropriate governance is carried out across all partners to optimise the use of ECC property assets.
About you :
- Educated to degree level or a professional qualification in property management, or equivalent by experience (MRICS)
- Evidence of continuing professional development and good knowledge in relevant professional areas.
- Evidence of leading delivery of property review and rationalisation solutions to non-residential clients and particularly public sector clients
- Evidence of budgetary control and successfully achieving financial targets in terms of income
- Experience of building strong partnerships that are influential and collaborative in nature and engender joint delivery of strategic objectives.
- Experience in property management with knowledge of relevant legislation around use and control of public sector assets
- Good collaborative skills supporting a high-performance culture, investing in and developing specialist skills and expertise and bringing together diverse capabilities to achieve common goals.
- Embeds a culture of continuous improvement and innovation – translating learning to develop new approaches to service delivery
What’s on offer:
- On going contract
- Monday to Friday (36 hours)
- £350 to £400 per day (negotiable DOE)
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either:
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Chris Wilkinson on 01772 954200
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chris Wilkinson on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.