Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a local authority based in Kensington & Chelsea to appoint a talented Asbestos Contracts Manager on a contract basis.
As an Asbestos Contracts Manager, you will undertake service audit contract management of removal & surveying contractors and contribute to the delivery of an effective professional technical service within the Resident Safety Team (Contracts & Compliance)
- The role of Asbestos Contracts Auditor is designed to support the organisations requirement to Manage Asbestos and fulfilling its obligations alongside The Asbestos Contracts Manager.
- Assist in managing Asbestos Contracts - ensuring delivery of services in a timely manner, maintaining contractor relationship and quality standards.
- Assist to deliver Asbestos and associated asbestos training for Housing Management via a 3rd party provider for Property Services (Repairs Services) in conjunction with Learning & Development.
- Assisting to ensure certification is received and uploaded correctly into the Asset Register in a timely manner.
- Quality monitoring and auditing of surveys and removal works where necessary.
- Assisting in ensuring remedial works and undertaken to the required standards and in a timely manner.
- Assist to manage delivery of survey programmes, reinspection’s and removal works.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across RBKC to ensure effective service provision and achievement of corporate objectives, including contributing to business and service planning and business continuity.
- Review method statements and risk assessments.
- Work collaboratively with the Capital Programme, Repairs Team & other teams to ensure CDM2015 & The Control of Asbestos at Work 2012 regulative format are adhered too.
About the role
- Assist in the development and implementation of building services procedures including quality assurance.
- Contribute to the provision of professional advice and support on the design, specification, tendering and supervision of building works including planned maintenance contracts.
- Assist to ensure that all information systems are appropriately maintained so that colleagues have access to relevant and up to date information
- Undertake other duties relevant to the nature, scope and level of the role as necessary.
- To assist & negotiate effectively with colleagues & associate teams - to use conflict resolution skills appropriately in the context of service delivery.
- Perform any other reasonable minor and non-recurring duties, appropriate to the post, as determined by the Head of Resident Safety & Repairs.
- To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder.
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the council’s commitment to customer service excellence and ensure compliance with the customer care standards.
- To be committed to the Council’s core values of public service, quality, equality and empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way duties are carried out.
- To ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the Data Protection Act and other legislation.
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Council’s Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- At all times to carry out responsibilities/duties within the framework of the Council's Dignity for all Policy. (Equal Opportunities Policy)
- To assist the Asbestos Compliance Manager & Asbestos Data Compliance Officer in their daily activity, carrying out regular one to ones and progressing their development plan
About you :
- Ability to act on own initiative and fulfil objectives.
- Ability to prioritise workflow.
- Good analytical and attention to detail skills.
- Versatility, flexibility with the ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in producing condition surveys and reports
- Ability to monitor and oversee budgets.
- Relevant Qualifications/experience in contract management or similar.
- An understanding of the Commonhold & Leasehold Act (Section 20) in associated with M&E services and contracts.
- Experience of negotiating with internal departments and contractors
- Experience of tenant liaison.
- Experience of managing consultants.
- Liaising with internal and external partners, suppliers, consultants and other service providers in a clear manner
- Proven experience administering service agreements, contracts, schedules/specifications, invoices.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience using a database to record and extract data; Keystone, Civica and W2 or similar
- Experience in procuring contracts.
What’s on offer:
- On going contract
- Monday to Friday (36 hours)
- £300 to £400 per day (negotiable DOE)
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either:
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Chris Wilkinson on 01772 954200
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chris Wilkinson on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.