Waste Collection Operative
• Collection of bulk waste and litter from communal areas and disposing of in the correct manner in line with current disposal guidelines, including the recycling of any waste. Providing an efficient, timely and effective service, minimising costs.
• Ensuring collections are made from site, both internally and externally in a safe manner, always considering the customers and general public.
• Assist other Homecare teams as required and in particular the removal and disposal of large amounts of green waste during hedge cutting season.
• Use PDA Reporting system to record site visits and record tasks carried out.
• Always adhere to Health & Safety policies & procedures and work in accordance with them at all times. To include use of all personal protective equipment provided as required to carry out the role.
• Be responsible for ensuring that equipment is regularly washed, kept clean and in good condition and report any defects to the supervisor.
• Previous experience in a similar field.
• Good driving skills and awareness using a large wheelbase vehicle.
• Driving licence with the correct categories for the type of vehicle to be used.
• Able to undertake physically demanding work in all weathers.
• Ability to communicate effectively & accurately in a manner that is readily understood. Acting in a positive and courteous manner, listening to internal & external customers understanding their needs & requirements.
• Team player who fosters positive working relationships at all levels.