Spencer Clarke Group are working to recruit for Virtual School Teacher (up to Director level) in Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea
Rate – (negotiable upon experience) - please submit your cv with the rate you require
The post holder will fulfil an important role within the Council and as part of the Kensington and Chelsea’s Virtual School Team will be responsible for ensuring that the council fulfils its statutory responsibilities to promote the educational attainment of children in public care.
As part of the Virtual School Team the Virtual School Advisory Teacher will assist professionals in developing, promoting, and implementing strategies to improve the educational attainment of children who are in the care of the Local Authority.
In particular they will provide support, advice and challenge to social workers, carers and school staff in order to identify barriers to children in care achieving in education and develop strategies to improve their educational attainment.
The Virtual School Advisory Teacher will use a high level of technical knowledge in relation to all aspects of education, including Special Education Needs, exclusions, and behaviour management.
- Be responsible for a pupil caseload and ensuring the continued educational improvement of Kensington and Chelsea’s children in public care. This would include making arrangements for the monitoring and support of children in care and ensuring their needs are met and that the pupils follow an appropriate educational programme.
- Assist social workers, school staff and carers to ensure that children in public care have an effective, up to date Personal Education Plans (PEPs) in line with statutory obligations. Provide high quality advice and information for social workers, carers and teachers involved in the compilation of such plans.
- To manage the review process of PEPs and critically evaluate the effectiveness of their arrangements.
Implement and monitor with the Virtual School Head a strategy to oversee school attendance levels of children in public care to allow prompt action to be taken should any young person miss significant amounts of schooling.
Can you please confirm you are happy for Spencer Clarke Group to be the sole agency to represent you for this role?
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY PLEASE RESPOND FIRSTLY WITH AN UP TO DATE CV, AVAILABILITY/ NOTICE PERIOD, THE ROLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR & THE HOURLY RATE YOU REQUIRE. We do not hold CV’s on file without first speaking with you.
On receipt of your CV and contact details I will get in touch to discuss how to progress the application.
SCG REFERRAL SCHEME*
SCG offer a market leading referral scheme so if you know of someone who may be looking for work. Please feel free to pass on my details.
Any worker referred by yourself who is not registered and we place into a role, we can offer a referral fee of £250 to you!
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact John Shorrock @ Spencer Clarke group – email@example.com
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers