Here at Spencer Clarke Group we are looking to hire a Tree Service Manager for one of our clients. The post holder will direct and co-ordinate the work of the Tree Services team in dealing with the management, care and safety of Council owned trees and provide advice to Planning and other departments on the protection of existing trees and planting of new trees.
Key Duties/Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure compliance with documented operational procedures, and be responsible for co-ordinating their preparation and review
- Liaise with Council departments, developers and landowners and make recommendations regarding tree-related issues
- Ensure that customer complaints and enquiries are investigated and responded to in accordance with corporate standards and procedures, and that claims made against the Council in respect of any liability with Council owned tree are investigated and reported
- Be responsible for higher level health and safety matters in respect of dealing with dangerous and hazardous trees
- Lead on the implementation and management of the Tree Services Contract, and assist in procurement of future works contracts.
- Supervise and performance manage a small group or team including planning and allocating work and taking part in recruitment and selection and induction
- Lead on the development and management of the Ezytreev tree management system
- Ensure comprehensive and accurate records of customer contacts, tree inspection and maintenance works are maintained and accessible.
- Assist the Planning Service in exercising its development control function, with particular reference to tree protection and planting.
- Act as budget operator, ensuring that all activity takes place within the constraints of financial resources and conforms to financial regulations and Standing Orders, and assist in the preparation of annual budgets.
The ideal tree service manager will have :
- Experience of working in the arboricultural/tree service industry
- Experience of providing aboricultural advice in planning, design and implementation of development projects
- Specifying tree works and effectively dealing with external tree contract
- Recent experience of budget and performance management and managing staff or volunteers
- Utilising a range of ICT systems and applications
- Post Graduate or Diplomas or bachelors degree, graduate certificates or diplomas and post qualifying experience.
- Evidence of the equivalent level of knowledge gained through work experience.
- HNC in arboriculture or equivalent, or equivalent experience.
What’s on offer
Salary on offer is £21 p/h working 37 hours a week.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 09:00- 17:30.
This is a temporary on going contract working for Rotherham Borough Council.
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either:
• Hit the apply button now and follow the steps.
• Contact Stephen Fitzgibbon on 01772 954200.
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Construction , Technical & Engineering and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
• Post Placement Aftercare
• Dedicated specialist to aid you in your job search
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Thomas Humphreys on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.