Spencer Clarke Group are currently recruiting for a Technical Translator to work in the Milton Keynes area.
A private construction company based in Milton Keynes have a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Translator to join their team.
This is a fixed term, temporary contract for 12 months. The role is to translate technical documentation and other texts from German into English, ensuring that the target text reads like original English, using computer-assisted translation tools where directed to optimise the translation process.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To translate technical documentation (e.g. order & fabrication manuals, operating instructions, computer applications and test reports) accurately into English to a standard fit for global publication.
- To translate marketing / advertising / corporate material (e.g. exhibition literature, product brochures, press releases and magazines) into English appropriately and with sufficient flair as to accurately reflect the source text and maximise promotion of the Schüco brand and products worldwide.
- To undertake terminology mining for all translation work as required and participate in the collection of company-specific terminology, consulting appropriate sources and attaining the requisite level of technical knowledge.
- To participate at all levels of the translation project lifecycle, sharing responsibility for processing enquiries, logging incoming translation work, file management, pricing, scheduling and outsourcing as required.
- To be proactive in developing workflows, procedures, tools and guidelines for maximising efficiency within the team.
- English mother tongue with excellent language skills and writing style
- Graduate of German with near-native fluency and excellent knowledge of grammar
- A very keen eye for detail
- Ability to work accurately under pressure with constantly changing priorities
- High level of IT literacy
- A strong team focus
- Postgraduate qualification in Translation (e.g. MA, Dip. Trans.)
- Previous translation experience and knowledge of CAT tools
- Knowledge of engineering, architecture or environmental issues
If you're interested in the role and would like to apply, please email your up to date CV to email@example.com or call Chris on 01772 954 200