We have a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Manager to join Rugby Borough Council on a temp to perm basis.
We are looking for an experienced Technical & Finance Manager to lead the Financial Services function for the council.
In this role you will act as the Deputy Section 151 Officer, be the technical lead and support the delivery of the Council's Transformation Agenda. You could be an aspiring leader, who is looking to gain experience as a Deputy Section 151 or an experienced leader who is looking to lead and inspire a new team.
Ensuring employees have a positive work life balance is really important to the local authority. They have an agile working policy, which enables their employees to work flexibly either at home and/or in the main Town Hall.
To be considered for the position you must have public sector experience.
About the role
- Leading the Council’s Financial Services function, including managing the operation of all activities of the Financial Services and leading all members of financial staff in their work and development
- Acting as Deputy Section 151 Officer under the Local Government Act 1972 and support the Chief Officer Finance and Performance in the operation and development of all financial activities of the Council
- Supporting the delivery of the Transformation Agenda in collaboration with the Transformation lead officer
- Providing financial advice and information to all Councillors and officers within the Council
- Contributing towards the democratic and corporate activities of the Council
- Acting as the technical lead, ensuring technical competence is maintained and the Council adheres to the CIPFA code of practice
- Championing excellent management of financial resources, promoting efficiency, high performance, probity and excellent value for money services and play a crucial role in the delivery of service transformation, driving efficiency and productivity improvements and also the optimisation of income opportunities
- Ensuring that members and officers are provided with high quality strategic advice and direction on financial strategies, policies, standards, and practices, enabling timely and well-informed decisions to be made in the knowledge of the impact of those decisions will have financially on the Council
The ideal candidate for the role of Technical and Finance Manager will be able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Fully qualified member of one the five accountancy institutes in CCAB or CIMA
- Understand the priorities of the Council and the political structure and environment within Local Government
- Knowledge and experience of local government accounting
- Awareness of current legislation
- Experience of performance management & financial reporting requirements in local government
- Excellent communication skills and able to effectively communicate at a senior level
- Able to convey complex information clearly, correctly & concisely
- Experience of leading the completion and production of the Statement of Accounts
- Able to innovate & lead in the transformation of service delivery
- Proven commercial acumen & the ability to implement new service delivery models & generate income
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to expand their Finance experience at a senior level.
How to apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Matt Byrne Fraser on 0203 039 3555
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Matt Byrne Fraser on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.