Spencer Clarke Group are working to recruit a Teacher of the Visually Impaired for Newham Council
Rate – £160+ per day (negotiable upon experience) - please submit your cv with the rate you require
- Be a qualified teacher of vision impairment and oversee pupils who require braille to access learning.
- To lead on demonstrating, modelling and supporting schools and settings with the assessment of children and young people with visual impairment
- To advise on the effectiveness of, and when necessary justify the use of, specialised techniques and materials
- To provide support to schools and setting in the planning of learning and so that pupils access knowledge and skills identified an appropriate curriculum
- To assess and influence the development and direction of the work undertaken by other teachers, TAs and other support staff.
- To liaise with the mobility and independence officer to contribute to their efficient deployment.
- To oversee adaptation of learning materials.
- To plan and deliver training including training in the use of specialised programmes and equipment.
- To advice and support schools with preparation for, and support with transitions
- To actively maintain and develop up to date knowledge and skill in the field
- To attend support and supervision meetings, training days and other in-service activities
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Qualified Teacher of the Visually Impaired
- Experience managing people (Braille Support Officers, Mobility Assistants, etc.)
The service has over 190 pupils with sight loss and many pupils require visits to settings to support access and many pupils have additional needs.
Can you please confirm you are happy for Spencer Clarke Group to be the sole agency to represent you for this role?
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY PLEASE RESPOND FIRSTLY WITH AN UP TO DATE CV, AVAILABILITY/ NOTICE PERIOD, THE ROLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR & THE HOURLY RATE YOU REQUIRE. We do not hold CV’s on file without first speaking with you.
On receipt of your CV and contact details I will get in touch to discuss how to progress the application.
SCG REFERRAL SCHEME*
SCG offer a market leading referral scheme so if you know of someone who may be looking for work. Please feel free to pass on my details.
Any worker referred by yourself who is not registered and we place into a role, we can offer a referral fee of £250 to you!
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact John Shorrock @ Spencer Clarke group – firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers