Spencer Clarke Group are working with a Top Accountancy firm who offer extreme flexibility who are looking to at a Tax Senior to their growing Tax Team.
This accountancy practice are looking for an individual who ideally hold ATT, CTA qualification or have experience through experience within taxation.
The main purpose of this Tax Senior position is to provide a high quality service to clients, where you will take specific ownership of a portfolio of personal tax clients.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare personal tax returns based on information supplied by clients, advise on tax payable and payment dates, and meet deadlines.
- Liaise with HM Revenue & Customs on various compliance matters.
- Prepare CGT computations and 60-day returns on a regular basis and support trainees with this work.
- Prepare and assist with specialist tax work such as ATED, VAT options to tax, capital taxes, stamp duty land tax, national insurance contributions, and share schemes.
- Liaise with clients on a regular basis to obtain relevant information to complete simple accounts and tax returns.
- Review tax returns prepared by junior members of the team.
- Identify tax planning opportunities and additional services to raise with clients.
- Assist and train junior members of the team with accounts and tax matters.
- Prepare tax returns for other entities such as partnerships, trusts, and estates.
- Register trusts using the Trust Registration Service.
- Provide tax assistance to other departments within the Firm when required.
- Support Managers in the development and overall management of the Tax Team.
It is essential to be considered for this role that you have accountancy practice experience ideally with a minimum of 3 years proven taxation experience.
You will also have:
- Knowledge of all personal and business taxes
- Knowledge of capital taxes, including capital gains tax and inheritance tax
- Familiarity with taxation software and interaction with HMRC online services.
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!
How to apply
If you think you've got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Matt Byrne Fraser on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.
*T's & C's apply.