Your key responsibilities will be:
This is an exciting opportunity to support the various managers in Shropshire Councils Street Scene Service, to support improvement and development works for the service with our key partners.
You will work with key partners providing sound and robust advice relating to the review and improvement planning of key operations in order to deliver a consistently high standard of service which is compliant with the appropriate legislation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the Street Scene service has a high impact within the neighbourhoods and communities of Shropshire. Provide high degree of leadership to the operational teams within the service, while also playing a key role with the improvement and development and implementation of the strategic vision of the service.
- Focus on delivering results, managing relationships, supporting staff and other resources to ensure they are efficiently and effectively utilised.
- Lead on all aspects of service planning, service improvement and performance management for the Street Scene service. Prioritise service delivery needs to ensure to ensure all resources are effectively used to meet corporate performance targets.
- Review performance and service outcomes with partners and recommend improvement solutions.
- Review all policies and information for the service and draft new plans, policies and strategies based upon national good practice.
- Review with Customer Services, Complaints Team and Communications teams to enables improved protocols.
- Work with key officer’s and members in the development of an improvement plan for street scene
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Public sector / Local Authority experience
- Experience of improving service perfume and outcomes
- Experience of leading and managing a multi-disciplined team to deliver a high-level operational service.
- Experience of operational and project leadership with a track record of delivering results and value for money services.
- Significant understanding of the local priorities and the legislative framework that surrounds the delivery of operational services.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation and the management of Health and Safety.
- Knowledge of financial procedure rules relating to Local Government and the services which the Council is responsible.
If you wish to apply for this role then please respond with your recent CV.