Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside London Borough of Tower Hamlets to provide them with a Principal Street Naming and Numbering Officer tojoin their team on a Contract Basis.
Rate – £22.28 per hour, negotiable upon experience
- To administer the delivery of the Council’s statutory duty (or responsibility) Street, Building and Geographic Naming and Numbering and Geospatial Address Management for the London Borough of Tower Hamlets (over an area of the Borough if required) in accordance with Part II of the London Building Acts (Amendment) Act 1939; Directive 2007/2/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 14 March 2007 establishing an Infrastructure for Spatial Information in the European Community (INSPIRE) and any other relevant primary, secondary legislations and statutory instruments.
- To administer the Council’s Street Building and Geospatial Address Infrastructure as a Corporate Council Asset, using relevant Infrastructure Asset Management, Service Management and Data Management Standards and any other relevant standards using an IT Service Management approach.
- To work with Geospatial Address Management specialists, the Council’s Core Data Team and GIS Team in creating and maintaining the Corporate Address and Street Gazetteers (LLPG & LSG) to BS7666 and any other relevant national and international spatial and geographic referencing standards through the performance of the roles of Street Master Data Steward and Building Address Master Data Steward as the situation may require.
- Comprehensive understanding of UK and EU Street Building and Geographic Naming & Numbering [SBGN&N] legislation and processes
- Detailed knowledge of the National Land and Property Gazetteer, the National Street Gazetteer and associated BS7666 standards.
- In depth appreciation of SN&N’s interaction with other Council services, including Building Control, Planning, Core Data, Council and Parking
- Understanding of Geographic Information Systems and the ESRI ArcGIS Professional Desktop application
- Understanding of Data Governance and Master Reference Data Management and the role of Data Owners, Data Custodians and Data Stewards in a Data Governance Organisation.
- Understanding of the Public Sector Mapping Agreement (PSMA), the Data Cooperation Agreement, the Data Entry and Best Practice Conventions and Data Transfer Formats and the role of Street and Building Naming and Numbering in delivering the Council ’s PSMA obligations
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact John Shorrock @ Spencer Clarke group – firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers