If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside Newham & Havering Councils to appoint a talented Strategic Procurement Officer on a Contract basis.
As a Strategic Procurement Officer you’ll play a vital role in being the procurement expert to advise on, undertake, guide and support a number of higher-value procurement projects across Newham and Havering councils. You will be carrying out a wide-ranging strategic and operational role within the team helping both councils to achieve value for money in their contracts with external organisations.
The ideal candidate will be forward thinking, driven and determined to make a difference!
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Based in Newham & Havering you will be tasked with delivering key strategic objectives including:
- Manage the end to end procurement process for more routine requirements and working with clients to ensure they are advised and supported on the use and application of provisions contained within the Councils’ standing orders and procurement legislation.
- Responsible for developing and delivering routine strategic sourcing activity within the department, including review of appropriate routes to market, options appraisals and agreeing recommendations with service users.
- For routine procurements, to ensure contract preparation, tenderer selection, tender evaluation and contract controls are implemented and operated throughout the council in a corporate, consistent and co-ordinated manner.
- Manage the end to end procurement process for some of the more complex/high value & risk requirements.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- A CIPS Qualification
- Experience of supplier management and procurement in line with local government legislation
- Experience managing delivery of EU compliant contracts.
- Demonstrable experience and/ or understanding of the technical aspects of information and communications system technology operations and development in a corporate environment, including the exploitation of emergent technologies.
About the company
You'll be working for Newham & Havering Councils - high profile local government bodies focussed on only the best outcomes for its residents and stakeholders.
What’s on offer
- Salary: £37,700 - £46,800 per annum
Please submit your CV with the rate you require
- Overtime: no options available
- Contract type: Permanent
- Hours: 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
How to apply
- Please send your CV
- Once your CV is received, if you are successful you will be contacted.
- Due to the extremely high number of applications, it may not be possible to contact every applicant. As such, if you are not contacted please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to John Shorrock on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.