If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside Sutton Council to appoint a talented Strategic Director of People on a Contract basis.
As a Strategic Director of People you’ll play a vital role in identifying, leading and commissioning strategies to deliver the Council’s and Government’s vision for the provision of Education and Social Care to Children and Adult’s to ensure that the needs of the local community are achieved.
The ideal candidate will be forward thinking, driven and determined to make a difference!
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Based in Sutton you will be tasked with delivering key strategic objectives including:
- Collectively manage the Council, its resources and relationships coherently with the rest of the Corporate Management Team.
- Provide strong leadership of the People Directorate, ensuring effective strategic management and coordination of services both within the directorate and with the Council’s partners to deliver excellent services.
- Discharge the statutory obligations of the Director of Adult Social Services and Director of Children's Services.
- Act as the Council’s lead Caldicott Guardian; ensuring that the principles are incorporated into the Council’s policies, procedures and staff practice.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- A professional social work qualification, eg CQSW, degree in Social Work or equivalent with evidence of continuous professional development.
- An understanding of the legislative framework governing the work of the Directorate and an understanding of issues impacting on service delivery
- Ability to demonstrate a clear vision of the future for Local Authority children and adult social care services and the challenges facing those services in the short and medium term.
- A successful track record of consistent achievement at senior management level in the corporate affairs and decision-making of a large complex organisation, including the successful management of change
- Experience of managing, motivating and developing a multi-disciplinary workforce and harnessing the talents of employees at all levels.
- Experience of having successfully managed substantial budgets through rigorous control procedures
About the company
You'll be working for Sutton Council a high profile local government body focussed on only the best outcomes for its residents and stakeholders.
What’s on offer
- Salary: £700-£1000+ per day Inside IR35
Please submit your CV with the rate you require
- Overtime: no options available
- Contract type: 3-6 month minimum contract, likely to extend
- Hours: 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
How to apply
- Please send your CV to John at email@example.com
- Or, call 020 3039 3555
- Once your CV is received, if you are successful you will be contacted.
- Due to the extremely high number of applications, it may not be possible to contact every applicant. As such, if you are not contacted please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
About Spencer Clarke Group
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to John Shorrock on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.