Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Met Office to provide them with a Strategic Communications Manager based on a 4-6 month initial contract, that may be extended.
Working Pattern: 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Location: HQ in Exeter, remote working may be available
Pay rate: £288.96 - £365.07 per day.
As a successful Strategic Communications Manager, your duties will be:
- Management and review of a comprehensive internal comms and stakeholder strategy, narrative and plan for the Supercomputer Exploitation Programme (SEP) and co-ordination with other programmes within the strategic sub-portfolio. This will include regular reporting, measurement and evaluation.
- Ensure identification and management of SEP stakeholders against an agreed approach. Provide support and co-ordination to related sub-programmes and projects with their stakeholder management and associated stakeholder plans.
- Support SEP by attending the Programme Boards and SLTs as appropriate – to ensure all communication activities are reported on and opportunities, risks and issues are captured and addressed.
- Management of SEP communications channels and activities so those so that those working within the programme are kept informed of strategic action activity, targets and achievements and of how the programme interconnects with the other strategic activity.
- Work with other functions to ensure programme comms strategy and activities are aligned and integrated into other internal and external communications. Create effective working relationships with other business functions, to ensure synergies in activities across External Communications/Marketing. Contributing and attending the monthly strategic action working group and ‘The Loop’ newsletter editorial meetings
To be considered for this position, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- Demonstrate experience of strategic internal communication with the ability to create a comms strategy within a P3M environment. Should also have understanding of how to create and deliver complex business messages in a clear, inspiring and relevant way to ensure they resonate with the desired audience.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the tools and technology that underpin good communications, in particular have experience with O365 tools such as Teams, Teams Live, Yammer, Forms and Comms Site design
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the role of effective communication within the process of change management and provide experience of working with change management principles and theories such as ADKAR.
- Evidence of experience of stakeholder analysis and supporting the management of stakeholders
If you wish to be put forward, please apply below and contact Cameron Nicholls @ Spencer Clarke Group. email@example.com / 01772 954 200