Job Title: Strategic Asset Manager
Location: Berkshire, Hybrid
Pay: Inside IR35 – Negotiable DOE
Spencer Clarke Group are looking to appoint a Strategic Asset Manager on behalf of our client, a Local Authority in Berkshire. You will play a pivotal role in leading the estate and asset management functions of the Council, overseeing a diverse portfolio. This includes managing the commercial investment portfolio, strategically managing the estate, and executing the property valuation process.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the Commercial Investment Portfolio through the implementation of the Property Investment Strategy.
- Lead the acquisition and disposal of commercial properties, working with appointed agents and consultants.
- Procure, instruct, and monitor external consultants for property asset management to maximize value and income.
- Implement lettings, lease renewals, rent reviews, lease re-gearing, and negotiation of licenses.
- Review, implement, and manage the Council's Corporate Asset Management Strategy.
- Procure and manage assets and insurance valuations of the Council's property across the estate.
- Hold line management responsibilities, including direct reports of staff within the Asset Management sub-team of Property Services.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Professional membership of a relevant professional body (e.g., Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors).
- Minimum of five years post-qualification experience in estate/asset management.
- Experience in a leading role for estate/asset management.
- Experience in managing a team and/or direct experience of managing staff.
- Sound knowledge and experience of the commercial property investment market.
- Knowledge of the management responsibilities of commercial property owners.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of financial planning, budget monitoring, and financial controls related to asset management.
- Understanding of strategic asset management of both an operational and commercial Investment Portfolio.
- Understanding of the general requirements of property valuations, property data management, and the formation of leases.
If you’re interested in applying, please apply now with your CV and contact Joe O’Halloran at Spencer Clarke Group on 01772 954200.