Band 7 Speech and Language Therapist
North London Prison
3 month contract
£29-£34 per hour
Spencer Clarke Group are currently looking for a Band 7 Speech and Language Therapist to join our client and contribute to the enhancement of their speech and language therapy service within a North London prison setting. This is a challenging yet rewarding opportunity for an experienced professional to make a significant impact in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Work as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team to manage and lead the speech and language therapy service within the prison setting.
- Demonstrate autonomous professional responsibility for the assessment, treatment, and case closure of service users.
- Collaborate with other professionals to improve the identification and support of individuals on the autistic spectrum.
- Contribute to the Neurodevelopmental pathway, particularly for those with Intellectual disability.
- Undertake dysphagia referrals in the secure hospital and the prison service when appropriate.
- Conduct speech and language assessments using a variety of sources.
- Work with service users and the multidisciplinary team to achieve identified goals, promoting social inclusion, independence, and well-being.
- Make onward referrals and adhere to professional standards for documentation.
- Undertake risk assessment and management for individual clients, providing advice to other professions on psychological aspects of risk.
- Degree in Speech and Language Therapy and registered with the HCPC
- Registered member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
- Evidence of successful completion of postgraduate courses/training related to the post.
- Dysphagia trained.
- Specialist experience with mental health conditions, learning disability, and autism.
- Knowledge of legislation related to the client group and mental health.
- Knowledge of specialized interventions in difficult-to-treat groups
As a leading specialist recruitment consultant, we take pride in our deep expertise in connecting exceptional professionals in the fields of Psychiatry, Educational Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Occupational Therapy, and Speech and Language Therapy with life-changing career opportunities. Our track record speaks for itself, as we've successfully brought together countless talented individuals and rewarding positions in the world of psychology and therapy. Reach out to Natalie today to discover how she can assist you. firstname.lastname@example.org / 01772954200