If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further.
Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a Local Authority in Hampshire to appoint a Senior Transport Planner on a 5-month contract. The purpose of the role is to develop, monitor and facilitate the implementation of transport policy at a local and strategic level for the city including Public Transport, Public Realm, Cycling, ITS, Parking, Walking, and Road Safety that provide a strong platform for economic growth and to play a significant role in developing an environment where Southampton is chosen over other cities as a place to work and reside.
Based in Southampton (WFH, with occasional visits to Southampton needed), you will be tasked with:
● Developing City plans on transport including the Local Transport Plan (LTP), with a focus on specific growth strategies including Intelligent Transport, Public Transport, Behaviour Changes and Marketing Strategies to deliver modal shift that will support the LTP.
● Researching and developing long-term public transport policies, including those within the LTP, and support the growth of public transport mode share, allocation of local bus service subsidies, community transport provision, public transport area reviews, rail, and bus network design in accordance with national legislation – particularly focusing on rail planning, subsidies, the Bus Services Act and National Bus Strategy – to develop the expectations including Enhanced Partnerships and annual Bus Service Improvement Plans.
● To be the lead in representing the Council in the future development of the Solent Go multi-operator travel card and future developments linked to Mobility as a Service (MaaS), Demand responsive Transport (DRT), community transport (Dial-A-Ride) and wider Smartcities applications.
● To be responsible for developing the Southampton Mass Transit System (SMTS) strategy with specific focus on the supporting policy and network operational development to enable the growth in sustainable travel options working with partners in rail, bus, ferry, Dial-a-Ride/Community Transport within Southampton, Hampshire, and the wider sub-region
The ideal candidate for this position will:
● Degree level education and professional experience.
● Experience of delivery of strategic plans and policy that align with both local and national agendas
● Understanding of transport policy sector, its key stakeholders and their strategic priorities.
● Knowledge and understanding of public transport legislation, best practice and innovation in integrated transport policy and design to ensure planning and delivery of policy and projects achieves key outcomes.
What’s on offer
● Salary: £27-30 P/H (This may be negotiable)
● Contract type: 5-Month Contract
● Hours: Mon-Fri 37 hrs
How to apply
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either
● Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
● Contact Joe O’Halloran on 01772 954200
● Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org