Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside a Local Authority in West Yorkshire to assist with the appointment of a Senior Technical Officer (Highway Safety Community Projects) on an initial 6-month contract.
We are looking to speak to experienced Technical Officer’s, with knowledge & experience of what is involved in processing ‘Traffic Regulations Orders’, who have ideally worked for a Local Authority previously.
Pay Scale – INSIDE IR35 – £30 p/h (The hourly rate is negotiable so please state the rate you work at when applying)
Location – Hybrid working (site visits needed in the Huddersfield area)
Contract Length – 6 months, highly likely to be extended
The key duties of the role are:
• To work in a team responsible for preparing and processing the delivery of Traffic Regulation Orders to support the development of safe and effective traffic movements around the district
• Design and manage others in the design of traffic management schemes aimed at supporting highway safety, including the processing and implementation of Traffic Regulation / Speed limit/one -ways/etc. legal orders for both safety, other teams and external parties to the Council
• Investigate and respond to requests from the Public, Local Ward Councillors, and MPs and develop solutions to a wide range of Highway Safety issues and manage Junior members of staff to do the same.
• Represent the Service, liaise with and advise various Council departments and partners on safety issues relating to all traffic interaction on the highway, including our most vulnerable users i.e. pedestrians and cyclists
• Assess the potential impacts of proposed housing / commercial developments around Kirklees and look for ways to ensure those developments do not have a detrimental effect on the safety of our highway
• Support the development of ‘Safe Routes To School’ – predominantly around traffic management improvements.
If you are interested in the role or would like to know more, please apply now, then contact Joe at Spencer Clarke Group on 01772 954200.