Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a local authority in Westminster to appoint a talented Senior Surveyor on a contract basis.
As a Senior Surveyor, you’ll play a vital role in overseeing and ensuring building and maintenance projects are delivered on time and to budget including:
- Planned works and programmes
- Refurbishment of empty properties
- Dampness and condensation
- Leak Detection
- Planned preventative maintenance (PPM)
- Pre & post inspection of works
About the role:
Based in Westminster you will be tasked with:
- Work with the Area Repairs Manager (North West/South Central) to implement and develop effective systems to regularly inspect the external and communal parts of property, to identify any requirements for reactive repairs and cyclical maintenance, and to ensure the works required are carried out or programmed according to urgency and priority.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues across Housing services to ensure a joint approach to improve quality and customer satisfaction for residents.
- Support and manage a flexible approach to the deployment of resources within the Property Services Division to respond effectively to fluctuations in workload. Support and manage different types of work within the Property Services Division in response to the changes in the volume of work.
- Highlight key investment needs and considerations to the Property Planning and Assets Team so that works can be appropriately planned in major works programmes.
- Assist in leading and developing a team of technical staff to create a professional and high-performance culture, deputising for the Area Repairs Manager’s when required.
- Provide a high standard of technical support to the team. Manage the local delivery of the repairs term contract to ensure compliance with contractual requirements. Work in collaboration and effectively with other teams within Housing services to deliver a seamless, holistic service to customers.
- Health and Safety – ensure that the Councils Policy for managing the health and safety of residents, staff and contractors is fully implemented and documented. Provide expert knowledge on health and safety law applicable to the construction industry.
- Provide strategic leadership within the Housing portfolio, contributing proactively to the collective leadership of the council, working collaboratively with Members, services, partners and stakeholders to deliver the council’s objectives and priorities.
- Lead by example in modelling and embedding the council’s values and behaviours to help build a sustainable highly effective organisation and develop our reputation as a successful council delivering great value for its residents.
- Provide outstanding leadership and direction to the service, driving service transformation and ensuring excellent joint working with Members and other stakeholders.
- Lead, deliver and oversee planned strategic projects and programmes of change that contribute to the effective delivery of agreed outcomes across the service.
- Lead existing and develop new partnerships, both within the council and with external partners, to establish a coordinated and integrated approach to the overall management of the service.
- Experience of repairs, customer services in residential buildings, customer services including the specification of works and diagnosis of building defects
- Experience of customer interaction including, arranging inspections, visiting homes, working across multiple disciplines, and managing system processes to record and resolve issues.
- Possess the ability and I.T. skills to manage and administer workflows, mobile reporting and the production of reports and management information for the service.
- Ability to review performance data and using it to improve service delivery and customer satisfaction. This is to include service provider feedback and performance.
- Experience in managing and administering large contracts for repair and maintenance
- Extensive experience of applying the requirements of the CDM Regulations and relevant Health and Safety requirements to refurbishment activities
- Extensive experience of inspecting works to assess compliance with technical standards and specifying works to remedy defects
- Substantial experience and proven capability of making complex technical/professional decisions and the specification of remedial works
- Experience of analysing complex performance data and using it to manage performance and provide comprehensive reports
- Experience of investigating complaints and providing written reports and responses to complaints
- Experience of identifying, managing and co-ordinating the response to major service failures and emergencies
- Working in accordance with the council’s management systems, policies and procedures
What’s on offer
- Salary: £300 per day (negotiable based on experience)
- Contract type: on going
- Hours: 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either:
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Chris Wilkinson on 01772 954200
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive,
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chris Wilkinson on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.