If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside Westminster Council to appoint a talented Senior Strategic Communications Officer on a Contract basis.
As a Senior Strategic Communications Officer you’ll play a vital role in the development and implementation of strategic campaign and communication activities that will drive the delivery of Westminster City Council's City for All priorities.
The ideal candidate will be forward thinking, driven and determined to make a difference!
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Based in Westminster,you will be tasked with:
- Developing outline plans that identify the most effective interventions, channels and tools to engage audiences, influence perceptions, change behaviour or deliver policy.
- Developing a range of coordinated activity across the marketing and communications mix - including digital and social media content, publicity materials, PR opportunities and engagement activities
- Monitoring and reporting on effectiveness of campaigns and making recommendations to improve delivery
- Working with teams across the council to develop solutions and provide communications advice
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in:
- Working on pro‐active communication strategies using a variety of tools, techniques and channels with minimal supervision
- Experience of handling sensitive enquires that require liaising with stakeholders and external agencies to minimise reputational risk
- Experience of working in a political environment, skills in understanding and responding to different perspectives and taking a cross organisational perspective
- Education to degree level or hold a marketing/communications qualification or equivalent by experience
Experience is also preferable in:
- Managing delegated budgets, funding and resources
- Knowledge of the issues facing local government and those relevant to service/functional responsibilities, together with the legal, financial and political context of public sector management
- Presenting information clearly using different media and adjusting tone of voice for different audiences
About the company
You'll be working for Westminster Council, a council dedicated to the positive outcomes for its residents and services.
What’s on offer
- Salary: £175-£220 per day (negotiable based on experience)
- Overtime: options available for overtime
- Contract type: 3-4 month contract minimum, highly likely to extend
- Hours: 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
How to apply
- Please send your CV to John at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or, call 020 3039 3555
- Once your CV is received, if you are successful you will be contacted.
- Due to the extremely high number of applications, it may not be possible to contact every applicant. As such, if you are not contacted please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to John Shorrock on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.