My client in Edinburgh is looking to appoint a talented Senior SQL & PL/SQL Developer on a Contract basis.
The role will be responsible for designing and developing a database for managing observing site metadata, using an Oracle database, as well as designing and optimising SQL/PLSQL and Apex applications.
About the role:
Based in Edinburgh (Hybrid / Remote):
- Design and develop complex databases preferably using Oracle.
- Write and optimize SQL statements, PL/SQL code, and Apex applications to allow user interactions.
- Ensure data integrity, security, and performance of databases.
- Collaborate with other developers and stakeholders to gather requirements and develop solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database related issues and happy working in a dynamic environment.
- Support and provide technical advice on these technologies and promote best practise to the wider team.
You will have the following skillsets or experiences:
- At least 5 years of experience in database design and development.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, and Apex.
- Experience with database design, performance tuning, and security.
- Active SC Clearance is essential.
What’s on offer:
- Salary: £575 per day inside IR35
*negotiable based on experience
*please submit your CV with the rate you require
- Overtime: no options available
- Contract type: Contract – 3-6 month minimum.
- Hours: 09:00ach -17:00 Monday to Friday
How to apply
- Once your CV is received, if you are successful you will be contacted.
- Due to the extremely high number of applications, it may not be possible to contact every applicant. As such, if you are not contacted please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
We offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to John Shorrock on email@example.com remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.