Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside a Local Authority in Derbyshire to assist with the appointment of a Senior Project Officer – Local Bus Services on an initial 6-month contract.
We are looking to speak to experienced Project Officers, with an in-depth knowledge of the passenger transport industry, who have ideally worked for a Local Authority previously.
Please note, only professionals who have local bus experience and knowledge will be considered.
Pay Scale – INSIDE IR35 – Negotiable to market rates (please state the rate you work at when applying)
Location – Remote Working, with a requirement to travel to Derbyshire every few weeks to liaise with the team
Contract Length – 6-months
The key duties of the post include:
• Overall management of the Local Bus team including management responsibility for staff members including direct reports
• Highways and infrastructure matters relating to bus services, including managing the team delivering the bus service capital programme
• Bus service data, information & marketing
• Ticketing, including the Derbyshire Gold Card (English National Concessionary Travel Scheme) and the b_line young person’s concessionary scheme
• Local bus service provision, including managing Derbyshire’s contracted local bus services and partnership working with local bus operators to develop commercial bus services in Derbyshire
• Liaison with neighbouring authorities on cross boundary services
• Procurement and contract management oversight
• Budget monitoring and financial reporting
• Providing input and technical support into strategic matters, including most recently Derbyshire’s Bus Service Improvement Plan and Enhanced Partnership.
If you are interested in the role or would like to know more, please apply now, then contact Joe at Spencer Clarke Group on 01772 954200.