If you’re searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside an accountancy practice in Leicester to appoint a talented Senior Payroll Advisor on a permanent basis.
As Senior Payroll Advisor, you’ll play a vital role in assisting in the significant progression over the years and maintain the focus and desire to grow further.
The ideal candidate will be able to work under tight deadlines in a fast paced environment and have the ability to work under their own initiative. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Based in Leicester, you will be tasked with:
- Working as part of a team supporting the Payroll Manager and the other team members.
- Preparing, processing and managing payrolls for a portfolio of clients, ranging from sole traders to more complex payrolls
- Organising and planning your own workload
- Setting up new starters and processing leavers
- Inputting and calculating payroll data and processing statutory payments
- Submitting real time information to HMRC
- Calculating and processing pension figures and ensuring clients are compliant with Auto Enrolment legislation
- Uploading pension information to various pension dashboards
- Dealing with correspondence from HMRC on payroll related matters
- Responding to ad hoc payroll queries which may be raised from both payroll and non-payroll clients
- Processing new client applications to register for PAYE
- Assisting in the on-boarding process of new clients
- Participating in client meetings as requested and managing client expectations
- Participating and contributing to the development of the team
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Have experience working within a payroll department
- Have Sage 50cloud Payroll experience
- Have up to date knowledge on the latest payroll legislation
- Have knowledge and experience with Auto Enrolment
- Be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to work using own initiative unsupervised
What’s on offer
- Salary: £27,000-£28,000
- Benefits: Monday to Friday full time (willing to consider part time candidates with a mimum of 20 hours), 34 days holiday including bank holidays, Pension scheme, Private medical care
- Contract type: Permanent
About the company
You'll be working for a highly respected independent firm of Chartered Accountants and Registered Auditors in Leicestershire with more than a century of heritage in the heart of the East Midlands. This firm provide a variety of services including tax, payroll and audit to clients in a range of sectors.
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed, or would love to find out more information, either
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Shannon Broadbent on 0203 039 3555
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge in Accountancy and Finance and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £350* so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Shannon Broadbent on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.
*T’s & C’s apply.