Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside the Met Office to provide them with a Senior IT Practitioner on a 3-6 month initial contract which is likely to be extended.
This role is 37 hours per week and offers a pay rate of £470-£590 per day dependent on experience.
As a successful Senior IT Practitioner, your duties will be:
- Support Linux platforms by undertaking the practice of investigating, identifying root causes and resolving reported incidents so that the platforms continue to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure that all business processes (including ITIL processes) and work instructions and development guidance associated with the services are followed, to ensure the most efficient and effective use of resources in line with Met Office priorities Installation of operating systems on hardware devices where appropriate
To be considered, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- Proven experience of building, managing and administering RHEL6 and RHEL7 desktop and server based systems, preferably using Red Hat Network (RHN).
- Proven experience in the use of standard Linux tools to diagnose performance problems
- Experience of working in a support role including the use of ServiceNow or a similar tool
- Proven communication skills both within the immediate team and with the wider customer base Experience of working with Puppet
- Current SC clearance.
If you wish to be put forward, please apply below and contact Cameron Nicholls @ Spencer Clarke Group. email@example.com / 01772 954 200