Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside a Private Transport Planning Consultancy based in central London to appoint a talented Senior Infrastructure Engineer on a permanent basis.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll play a vital role in carrying out day to day general project management, managing and mentoring junior members of staff, the delivery of concept studies and strategies with hands-on design, leading to planning applications and detailed design and construction drawing issue. You will be supported by a team of experienced technical staff of various grades, to whom you will be expected to assist and provide mentoring, guidance and support where appropriate.
About the role:
Based in the central London area you will be tasked with:
- The Infrastructure team specialises in providing high-level advice to clients on planning, design and construction issues relating to highways, transportation and civil engineering infrastructure. We are working on a wide variety of sectors including residential, retail, leisure, commercial, educational and industrial, and provide advice and design services to our clients across the whole project life-cycle.
- The position will also involve client and design team liaison, assisting in the preparation of fee proposals and financial control of projects when assisting with project management.
- You will be responsible for ensuring your projects are delivered to budget, programme and technical standards and meet QA, CDM and SHEQ requirements. All Engineers are encouraged and assisted to progress their training towards Incorporated and Chartered status, and both on the job training and development and external will be provided.
- Ideally a Civil Engineering degree with at least 3-5 years post graduate (or equivalent) experience and either has been awarded or nearing Chartered status (CEng, MICE, MCIHT), with appropriate commercial experience and responsibility.
- Experience in liaison with clients, co-professionals and design teams, and be competent in liaising with highway and local authorities to negotiate the necessary outline and detailed technical approvals.
- Knowledge of the financial and contractual aspects of planning, bidding, and delivering both large and small projects.
- Good knowledge of the legal processes, planning, design, design software, technical consents process, adoption and contract procedures for the provision of infrastructure for new developments and regeneration projects and how to effectively deliver these to achieve a client brief
- Proficient in the design of highways with experience in applying DMRB, Manual for Streets and Local Authority standards and design guidance
- Preparation of drawings for S106/S278/S38 highway and adoption agreements
- Production of drawings in AutoCAD
- Horizontal and vertical alignment design including earthworks assessment using Civils 3D
- Knowledge of AutoTrack, PDS Sign and PDS Line (or similar software)
- Pavement design to relevant design codes
- Good written and spoken communication skills and be able to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Able to work in the UK
What’s on offer:
- Permanent role
- Competitive salary on offer
- Monday to Friday working hours
If you’ve got what it takes and would love to find out more information or apply, either:
- Hit the apply button now and follow the steps
- Contact Chris Wilkinson on 01772 954200
- Email your CV to email@example.com
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive;
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals
Spencer Clarke Group offer a market leading referral scheme of up to £250 so if you know of someone who may also be looking for an exciting career opportunity, ask them to email their CV to Chris Wilkinson on firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your details as well.